Monday, March 12, 2007

Home study requirements accordinging to USCIS

Please read my post about home study and updates before reading this if you have not already done so. This information can be very difficult to find but it is SO VERY important that you are informed of what you legally are required to have in your home study. Also, this information can save you a lot of time, money and frustration later in the adoption if you have this. If you find your self wondering if you need a new home study, update, or addendum you will hopefully find this information to be priceless!!!

Try this link to find the home study requirements from the USCIS website. www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=b7de738c4e7cc5144a380b3848bf01bb

If this link does not work (USCIS site changes often) then try going to the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov and type in the search- home study. I have (with much frustration) found that sometimes it will allow you to open the page with the requirements and sometimes it won't. So, one time that I got it open I copied and pasted it to a word program.

If you have any trouble at all access this information or just want to bypass messing with the links or website you can email me and I will email you back with a word document attachment with the information I copy and pasted on 3/12/2007. I am more then happy to do this since I think it is crucial that you have this information. My email is angnjim@sbcglobal.net I am online often and will usually respond very quickly.

Hope this is a great blessing to you and will save you a lot of trouble in the beginning as well as later in the process!!

No comments: